Tens of thousands of people in the state of South Carolina drive cars on a daily basis, and there are thousands of accidents on state roads every year. According to FindTheData, there are approximately 700 fatal crashes on South Carolina roads annually, resulting in up to 800 fatalities. With the injury count even higher, it is important to have adequate auto insurance in the event of a serious crash.

Depending on the policy, car insurance can offer a degree of protection for all road users, whether you cause a crash or are an innocent victim of one. If you are the latter, a Greenville personal-injury lawyer may be able to help.

At the Churdar Law Firm, we help people who have suffered injuries in accidents caused by negligent drivers, and we have achieved successful outcomes in a wide range of injury cases. Even if you are fully insured, call us today at 864-233-0203 to schedule an appointment. A specialist personal-injury lawyer can examine your case to determine if you may be eligible for compensation.

According to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, car insurance is one of the most common types of personal insurance, and it covers the two basic sectors of property damage and liability. Read on for more information.

Liability Insurance

According to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, liability insurance is made up of three parts: insurance for bodily injury, property damage and uninsured or underinsured motorists. Insurance for bodily injury will protect you against claims from other people whom you may have injured in an accident.

Conversely, you may claim from a negligent driver’s liability insurance if you suffer from injuries sustained in a crash. State law requires drivers to carry a minimum of $25,000 bodily injury insurance per person and $50,000 for all people involved in a single crash. Claims for bodily injury include those for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.

Property damage liability insurance protects the negligent driver from claims against property damage, and drivers on South Carolina roads must have $25,000 coverage for all property damage in a single crash. Uninsured motorist coverage protects you if you sustain injuries in a hit and run accident or if the driver who caused the crash does not have insurance. According to South Carolina law, there is $200 deductible.

Property Damage Coverage

Property damage coverage generally includes two types of coverage in the event of a crash: collision and comprehensive. This coverage is not a legal requirement in the state, but it may cover your property in the event of an accident that does not involve other people or cars. Comprehensive coverage can protect you from almost all eventualities, and it can be very valuable protection in the event of a costly collision.

If you sustained injuries in a car crash that was not your fault, call the Churdar Law Firm today at 864-233-0203. We will schedule an appointment for you to speak to a specialist Greenville accident attorney.